Wednesday 17 October 2012

Clarins Skin Illusion Foundation Review

Hi everyone,
Today's post is going to be about the Clarins skin illusion foundation. I picked up the magazine InStyle a few days back mainly because it had a benefit freebie within it however as i was flicking through the magazine i noticed that there was a sachet of the Clarins foundation. Now ive never tried any Clarins products before as they have never really appealed to me but i thought i would save the sachet and give it go. Now in my opinion you can never really tell whether or not you like a product by just testing it out the once, so when i visited my local department store the other day i thought i would drop by the Clarins counter and pick up a sample pot of the foundation so i could do a proper review on it. On first impressions it looked Okay i mean the product comes in your typical glass bottle with a pump nice but nothing out of the ordinary. However as i was applying it i realized how much i actually like this foundation. First off it smells really nice (im a sucker for anything that smells nice) it defiantly reminds me of watermelon. Secondly it applies like a dream the only other foundation i have ever used that applies as smoothly and as easily as this does is one by Avon (cant remember which one sorry) it just feels so soft on the skin and has a real weightless feel to it. The coverage i would say is a medium coverage but its defiantly build able. The staying power i would say is pretty average it lasted on me for around 6 hours which is pretty good considering i have oily skin and i don't think this is oil free. The finish is really nice to not completely dewy but not matte either a nice middle ground. It does confuse me a little when it talks about being a skin illusion foundation? I don't personally think it does anything that other foundations haven't so i wouldn't say its unique in any way however if somebody asked me to recommend a good yet simple higher end foundation this would probably be it. Another thing that i forgot to mention earlier is that it has a SPF 10 which is good if your like me and don't use any other products containing a SPF.  



Clarins Skin Illusion Foundation retails for £27.00 (thats in Selfridges it could be cheaper elsewhere)     

4 comments:

  1. I used to use lots of Clarins products but like you said with this foundation, i realised they didn't seem to do anything another product didn't. I still use this foundation though because it sits well on my skin but I think it's time to branch out xx Lizz
    look-to-find.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeh i know what you mean its not "amazing" but its nice enough to use as an everyday product :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Megan, I used this sample too, and I really liked it and want to purchase the foundation - only I can't remember which shade the sample was for - do you happen to know what shade the free sample was? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im pretty sure it was either shade beige or sand but can't remember exactly sorry :)

      Delete